Eric Bailly apologises to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after ‘disrespectful’ AC Milan behavior

Eric Bailly apologises to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after 'disrespectful' AC Milan behavior

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly has apologised to his manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for his ‘disrespectful’ behavior after he was dropped from United’s travelling squad to AC Milan last week.

Man United boss Solskjaer left Bailly at Manchester after claiming the Ivorian defender needed assessment over his fitness level.

The Norwegian would go on to guide his side to a tight 1-0 win over AC Milan, thanks to Paul Pogba’s early second half strike and the likes of Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire helping United keep a sound clean sheet.

Eric Bailly is said to be frustrated at Manchester United over his lack of playing time and some reports claimed that the centre-half has already told friends that no matter how excellently he plays, he wouldn’t be a regular starter under Solskjaer.

As a result, he is stalling on Man United’s latest contract offer and has lost faith in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after the Norwegian failed to guarantee he would give him a good run of games.

Eric Bailly featured in the first leg against AC Milan
Eric Bailly featured in the first leg against AC Milan
Erik ten Hag gives Cristiano Ronald... x
Erik ten Hag gives Cristiano Ronaldo new nickname ahead of his Manchester United arrival on Monday

Eric Bailly had started the first leg against the Serie A side but didn’t feature at all in the second and, according to the Transfer Window Podcast, he reacted angrily when he found out he wasn’t playing.

Bailly felt since he has fallen behind Lindelof and Maguire in the pecking order and been limited to only cup games, he should have been involved in the game at Milan, just as he did at Old Trafford.

The 26-year-old defender accepted he hadn’t handled the situation professionally and apologised to both Solskjaer and his team-mates for his behaviour.

The former Villarreal defender is behind the likes of Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof in the pecking order and reports are claiming the Red Devils are planning on signing another centre-back in the summer.

Leave a Reply