Tuesday evening news headlines on Manchester United from national and foreign newspapers…
1. Erik ten Hag has ordered Manchester United players to report back for pre-season training two weeks early, according to Daily Mirror.
2. Manchester United‘s players were due to be back in for pre-season training on July 4, but it is understood Ten Hag wants some of his players to report for duty the week beginning June 20, per Daily Mirror.
3. The same outlet reported that Ten Hag, who will this week conduct individual Zoom chats with Manchester United‘s players, has watched their last few matches remotely and is said to have been unhappy with the squad’s fitness levels.
5. Manchester United‘s behind-the-scenes reshuffle has proceeded with the club’s head of corporate finance leaving on Tuesday – Hemen Tseayo has worked at the Manchester club since 2012, reported by Laurie Whitwell.
6. Chelsea and Manchester United are interested in signing RB Leipzig attacking midfielder Christopher Nkunku, according to Sky Sports Germany.
“And me for one, I would apologise maybe to some extent in terms of the way you kind of looked at him and judged him.
“In terms of looking behind the scenes, that [quote] he said in 2019 on finishing second in the Premier League, that has aged so well.” Source: FIVEUK via YouTube
8. Darwin Nunez’s advisers believe his style could be well suited to English football and Manchester United have been monitoring developments in the hope he will prefer a Premier League switch, according to John Cross via Daily Mirror.
9. Juventus cannot go above €7m-€8m salary for Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba, who will be a free agent in the summer. PSG are preparing an offer in double figures, reported by Alfredo Pedullà via Calcio e Mercato.