Manchester United evening news headlines from Thursday’s national and foreign newspapers and journalists.
1. Barcelona will not sell Frenkie De Jong for less than €100 million either fixed or with some variables, reported Diario SPORT.
2. Manchester United is convinced that Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong can be one of the leaders of Erik ten Hag’s new project at Old Trafford, per Diario SPORT.
3. Erik ten Hag was promised that they would spare no effort to make a winning project and the coach has Barcelona star Frenkie de Jong as one of his top priorities. It remains to be seen if the negotiation grows up with this or that team and if a transfer fee is reached that interests all parties, according to Diario SPORT.
4. Ajax star Frenkie De Jong knows that at Barça the competition with Gavi and Pedri tightens and, in addition, Barça is going to sign Kessié and another top-level midfielder, per Diario SPORT.
5. Manchester City are not one of the interested teams for Frenkie De Jong at the moment as they have spent a lot of money on Erling Haaland. Manchester United are leading the race for his signature, according to Miquel Blázquez.
6. Erik Ten Hag is ‘in love’ with Barcelona and former Ajax midfielder Frenkie De Jong – he is in the top of the list for signings, per Miquel Blazquez.
7. Incoming Manchester United manager Erik Ten Hag wants Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt to join him at Old Trafford, according to Miquel Blázquez.
8. New Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag wants Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt at the Theatre of Dreams, according to journalists Gerard Romero and Oriol Domènech.
9. Manchester United want two midfielders ideally this summer, with Nemanja Matic on his way out and Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard and Juan Mata set to leave when their contracts expire in June, and they are aware that Barcelona could be open to cashing in on Frankie De Jong, reports James Ducker, via Telegraph Football.
10. Manchester United have had talks with Barcelona and De Jong’s representatives but a transfer deal is far from certain at this stage, according to James Ducker via Telegraph Football.
11. Frankie de Jong does not want to leave Barcelona. The Netherlands international insists on wanting to succeed at Barça and feels Xavi’s confidence. He suspects that Barcelona has moved him on the market and is upset with everything that appears about his future, Helena Condis Edo.
12. A meeting between Erik ten Hag and United representatives is scheduled for today in Amsterdam to discuss the transfer window. Potential ins and outs being discussed, via ESPN.
13. West Ham United will not sell Declan Rice this summer despite interest from Manchester United and former club Chelsea, per Sky Sports.
14. Alejandro Garnacho is in line for a new contract at Manchester United as a reward for his breakthrough season, report Daily Mail.
15. Manchester United’s 17-year-old Garnacho is expected to be part of United’s touring party to Thailand and Australia in July, report Daily Mail.
16. John Murtough will play a major part in recruitment at first-team level following the exit of Matt Judge and Ed Woodward, per BBC.
17. There is interest from Crystal Palace to bring Aaron Wan Bissaka back to Selhurst Park, according to Fabrizio Romano.
18. Marcus Rashford wants to play for Man United on a regular basis and wants guarantees on his gametime. The 24-year-old wants to play to make the World Cup with England. It’s something he will discuss with Ten Hag, according to Fabrizio Romano.
19. Fabrizio Romano claims that Richarlison is a player Man United have discussed internally since March and is on the list. It’s up to Ten Hag to decide who he wants at Old Trafford. No decision has been made yet.
20. Anthony Martial will discuss his future with Ten Hag. He could be one of the players on the move in the summer, reports Fabrizio Romano.
21. Erik ten Hag ideally wants two midfielders, a versatile forward and a centre-half this summer at Manchester United, reports James Ducker via Telegraph Football.