Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick has confirmed that Hannibal Mejbri will be in the squad that will face Middlesbrough on Friday.
The teenager rejected a chance to go on a holiday following his involvement in the Arab Cup and the AFCON in order to return to Manchester to become a regular in the first team.
Rangnick says the teenager’s performance in the Arab Cup makes him believe the 19-year-old is a ‘promising’ star, who deserves to be in the first team.
As a result, the attacking midfielder is expected to travel with the Manchester United team to Middlesbrough on Friday for the FA Cup fourth-round tie.
“We have Hannibal included in the squad,” said Rangnick ahead of the clash against the Championship side.
“He will, from now on, regularly train with us and be a regular member of the squad. He will also be part of the squad for tomorrow’s cup game.
“I saw him [Hannibal Mejbri] play in the [Arab Cup] final and, from what I’ve seen so far, I think he’s a promising talent. He deserves to be part of the group for the rest of the season and also part of the group for tomorrow’s game.”
Ralf Rangnick confirms that Victor Lindelof will miss the tie tomorrow as he has missed this week’s training sessions due to illness.
The German boss also confirmed that Jesse Lingard requested to have a few days off in order to recover from his failed move away from Manchester United last month.
“Victor Lindelöf has been ill the whole week and not training, the same is true with Jesse [Lingard] if we could give him a couple of days off to clear his mind,” said Rangnick. “He will be back in training on Monday and part of the whole squad.”
Edinson Cavani and Eric Bailly are also ruled out for the clash due to personal reasons and late return to Manchester respectively.
Rangnick also confirmed that Paul Pogba might start against Middlesbrough and Luke Shaw will probably be in the starting lineup.